commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dbcp] 1.3/1.4 RC1 available for review
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:14:23 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:
> Jörg Schaible wrote:
>> Hi Phil,
>>
>> Phil Steitz wrote at Donnerstag, 10. Dezember 2009 12:42:
>>
>>> Jörg Schaible wrote:
>>>> Hi Phil,
>>>>
>>>> Phil Steitz wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I have prepared release candidates for DBCP 1.3 and 1.4.  Please all
>>>>> interested parties have a look and test.  If all goes well, I will
>>>>> kick off a release VOTE based on these artifacts in the next couple
>>>>> of days.  I see these as really two sets of artifacts associated
>>>>> with one release, so I am inclined to just do one VOTE including
>>>>> both versions.  If anyone disagrees with this, please speak up.  I
>>>>> am happy to run two VOTEs.
>>>>>
>>>>> 1.3 (JDBC 3) version:
>>>>> http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.3-rc1
>>>>> http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.3-rc1/site
>>>>> http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.3-rc1/maven
>>>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/dbcp/tags/DBCP_1_3_RC1/
>>>> Like Nial I changed geronimo-jta_1.1_spec to version 1.1. My compiler zoo
>>>> fails though for blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.03, jrockit-jdk-1.4.2.16 and sun-
>>>> jdk-1.4.2.19. IMHO you must update the xerces version to a release that
>>>> contains the driver implementation in the Java-SPI (META-INF/services):
>>> Thanks, Jorg.  I really appreciate your running this through "the
>>> zoo."  Can you identify a suitable Xerces version?
>> Actually I tried that yesterday. I've upgraded to xercesImpl-2.9.1 that 
>> contains the SPI entry for sure, but the test still fails. After looking 
>> into the code I've seen that the test explicitly sets the system property 
>> already. Even after moving that code from constructor into setUp the failure 
>> still occurs. This left be somewhat baffled, but I ran out of time to have a 
>> further look :-/
>>
>>> I am going to make this and the jta spec change and cut another RC.
>>>
>>> Thanks all for testing.
>> Did you also see those:
> 
> Yes.  Investigating...
>> [snip]
>>
>>> I do not see those using IBM-JDK 1.5.0.10. With this I had a casually 1
>>> failure, but no test reports are generated with Ant nor could I see on the
>>> console which test actually failed.
>> Is there a failure in the Ant build that prevents the junit reports to be 
>> written?

Forgot to respond to this.  Yes, there is a missing format element
that makes the build effectively silent.  I will add that.

Phil
>>
>>> Additionally the Ant build filters-out the JDBC4 stuff ?!? I thought it's
>>> not there in 1.3.
> 
> The 1.3 build does the filtering, though I guess the filtering could
> be removed from the build in the 1.3 branch, since as part of the
> branch/release process, I check in the filtered sources.  The
> filtering is left in so that on first build from branched sources,
> the build does the filtering and succeeds.  I guess I could cut the
> filtering out of the 1.3 build, but then I would have to maintain a
> separate build script just to do the in-place filtering.
> 
>> Simply wondering, nothing serious.
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>>> 1.4 (JDBC 4) version:
>>>> http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.4-rc1
>>>> http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.4-rc1/site
>>>> http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.4-rc1/maven
>>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/dbcp/tags/DBCP_1_4_RC1/
>>> Builds from source and runs tests with IcedTea6 1.6.2, Sun JDK 1.6 and Sun
>>> JDK 1.7.0.0.alpha69 (add to README.txt ?!?). However it fails with IBM
>>> 1.6.0.6:
>>>
>>> ========================== %< ================================
>>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Test set: org.apache.commons.dbcp.managed.TestBasicManagedDataSource
>>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Tests run: 46, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 3.398 sec
>>> <<< FAILURE!
>>>
>> testReallyClose(org.apache.commons.dbcp.managed.TestBasicManagedDataSource)
>>> Time elapsed: 0.066 sec  <<< FAILURE!
>>> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Expecting SQLException - XAResources
>>> orphaned
>>> at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
>>> at
>>>
>> org.apache.commons.dbcp.managed.TestBasicManagedDataSource.testReallyClose(TestBasicManagedDataSource.java:72)
>>> ========================== %< ================================
>> Seems that the IBM JDK is behaving differently.
> 
> Yes.  Investigating...
>>>> The build setup itself looks good though, except a minor nit:
>>>>
>>>> ========================== %< ================================
>>>> [WARNING] While downloading xml-apis:xml-apis:2.0.2
>>>>   This artifact has been relocated to xml-apis:xml-apis:1.0.b2.
>>>> ========================== %< ================================
>>>>
>>>> xml-apis-2.0.2 is simply a "wrong" release and we should refer the
>>>> correct one.
>> I've replaced it with the latest release 1.3.04.
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> Phil
>> - Jörg
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
>>
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message