commons-dev mailing list archives

From henrib <>
Subject Re: Using maven 2 on non-MSFT platform to build JEXL
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 21:22:24 GMT

Niall Pemberton wrote:
> I don't really under stand the "commons-parent pom is just above
> jexl's trunk" comment as in our subversion hierarchy its not *above*
> and the only way it can find it is by downloading/installing in your
> local repo in the usual manner - unless you've put it there
> specifically?
It is installed in the local repository but if I dont put it "physically"
above (../jexl where jexl is the trunk itself), the site is not generated

Niall Pemberton wrote:
> Also I don't understand what you mean by "...rc publishing fails later
> when the site is regenerated from what was published" - I guess this
> is using the release plugin? Or is it something else?

Correct, this is using the release plugin. In the publication process, the
uploaded source is re-downloaded, and regenerates the build (if I did
understand correctly). This regenerated build does not end up looking the
same because which I believe is caused by the failure to find the parent
There is actually a warning at the beginning of the build stating so.
Sent from the Commons - Dev mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message