commons-dev mailing list archives

From henrib <>
Subject Using maven 2 on non-MSFT platform to build JEXL
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 16:55:18 GMT

I've been fighting with the JEXL environment (on a Mac) to get it to generate
an 'mvn site' correctly; in particular, the reports are not included and the
css are wrong.

I duplicated the same env on the Mac and on a Windows box, clean from maven
to checkout, commons-build checked out as peer, and... the Windows version
does generate the site correctly whilst the Mac version has the previous

It may or may not be related to MSITE-404 but in any case, it means Mac is
unusable to publish a release candidate or a build. If anyone successfully
using a non-Windows platform could just perform a double check (svn co jexl,
mvn site: no reports accessible from the left hand side mean failure), I'd
really appreciate it.

It might allow us to warn Un*x-ians of our community not to waste hours
trying to build on their platform.

If someone has *any* solution - besides virtualbox-ing Windows XP -, I'll
gladly give it a try.

Sent from the Commons - Dev mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message