commons-dev mailing list archives

From henrib <hen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JEXL] Best way to generate 2 jars ?
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 23:06:34 GMT

Rahul Akolkar wrote:

> And if by optionality of jexl-compat you meant not building it every
> time, we could use profile activation so the compat module only gets
> built if a -Pcompat switch is provided, for example.
>
> -Rahul

I'm still trying to find the best solution to ease the transition from jexl1
to jexl2.
Providing the 80% use-case compatibility would be nice but jar packaging
(and releasing...), besides being beyond my skillset, seems like a lot of
complications for an unlikely usage.
After all, the compat package could just remain an example of deriving
jexl2.
Not sure what's worth doing at this point...