commons-dev mailing list archives

From henrib <hen...@apache.org>
Subject [JEXL] Best way to generate 2 jars ?
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 14:46:13 GMT

In the context of Jexl-2, I'd like to generate 2 jars, one for jexl2 itself
and one as a "jexl1 compatibility" jar to facilitate trivial upgrade towards
2.0 and (hopefully) speed-up adoption.

I've created the jexl1 compatiblity lib as another maven project in
jexl/compat/ for the moment and the jexl-compat jar depends upon the jexl-2
jar. I've looked at bean-utils which directly uses ant for its jar tasks but
don't know enough to determine if this is the only/best way to multiple jars
generation.

What is the best way to achieve multiple jars generation in a commons
project ?
How do we declare "optional" jars ?
Is there any recommended path ?

Thanks