commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [dbcp] 1.3 release problems
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 07:54:41 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote at Sonntag, 22. November 2009 17:43:

> I am running into some problems preparing for dbcp-1.3.  I would
> appreciate comments / patches on any of the issues below.
>
> 1. Findbugs is showing some real (inconsistent synch) and not so
> real (e.g. serialization issues on classes that IMO should not be
> serializable, but we can't fix until 2.0).  The full report is here:
> http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/findbugs.html
> I would appreciate suggestions/patches/commits for what to fix and how.
>
> 2. We can't compile commons-pool-1.3.jar against JDK 1.6 (JDBC 4)
> and expect it to work for JDK 1.4/1.5 (JDBC 3) clients (at least not
> as the code stands today).  So we need to create two jar artifacts.
>  The question is which one gets the 1.3 name, what is the other
> named and how do we package the distros?
>
> 3. I assume it is OK at this point to drop the nojdbc3 Ant target
> and compiler flags for JDBC 2.

Do you think it can be solved, if you compile anything with target 1.4 while
compiling the remaining stuff with target 1.6? The resulting jar will
contain a mixture of both class types. We do that since years for XStream,
see the different executions for the compiler plugin:
http://svn.xstream.codehaus.org/browse/xstream/trunk/xstream/pom.xml?r=HEAD

- Jörg