commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help cutting JEXL-2.0 RC1 needed
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2009 10:51:23 GMT

> > I'm sure glad there is help; there are a few project that are just going
> /
> > went through that process (commons-exec for instance) . Is there anyone
> > involved willing to share their successful publishing process ?
>
> We definitely need to do that and it is on my todo list to document
> the "manual" process that I follow.  Basically, we have two ways to
> do releases now - using the maven release plugin (more or less
> documented on the Wiki) and "manually" doing the tagging and file
> movement via the command line. Personally, I prefer the command line
> approach.

I have used the M2 approach for compress. It worked, but I sometime felt
that the process had control bout me and not otherwise. I also run into
several problems, from which most were based on my own enviroment. However,
it was no fun at all. Currently I try to build up the release plugin for
Log4php project, but this is pretty hard too. At the moment, I am tending to
a proper command line plan. There are too much problems I don't understand
with M2.

@Henri: I don't know what why the error here happened, but I know that you
need a clean checkout to make release plugin work proberly. Its not working
if you have some kind of files from your IDE in your project.

Cheers
Christian