commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JEXL] Next steps towards release?
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 01:17:05 GMT
On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Henrib <hbiestro@gmail.com> wrote:

> Getting closer to produce an RC1,
<snip/>

Thanks.

> I've got a few questions.
>
> 1/ It seems the (new) template for the site does not include the various
> reports (Cobertura, PMD, etc)? Am I doing something wrong ? (tried with
> commons-exec which has the same behavior btw). Is this tied to
> commons-parent:12 ?

<snap/>

Don't know and can't try right now either I'm afraid (traveling this
week). Just so I understand, does going back to v11 give desired
results?

> 2/ Reading the procedure, I went through the steps required to create a
> code-signing key; not being  at ApacheCon this week ( unfortunately :-( )and
> having no committers in the vicinity, I dont see how I can build the 'web of
> trust' part. What should I do ? Is it OK to use my key anyway ?

<snip/>

Yes, its OK, but check in your public key here:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/trunks-proper/KEYS

> 2/ The clirr report is really hard to decipher; so much has changed between
> jexl-1.0 and jexl-2.0 (from the parser to the API) that the output is either
> obvious or noise. I only found one API change that might need to be (more)
> documented, the removal of pre/post-resolvers from Expression. Not sure what
> else I should expect from the tool considering how much has been refactored,
> renamed or re-scoped...

<snap/>

Right, I think we've largely maintained compat with the EL syntax
itself, but the Java API has changed in many respects. Will beg the
question whether we should change package names (to oac.jexl2).

> 3/ On a different note, it would be nice to move Apache Commons on the new
> Nabble2
> (http://n2.nabble.com/Migrating-forums-from-Nabble1-to-Nabble2-tp3791390p3791390.html)

<snip/>

Not a nabble user, no comments from me.