commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Fabulich <...@fabulich.com>
Subject Re: [dbutils] binary compatibility
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 17:18:05 GMT
Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Maybe you can use the src tarball from 1.2, change group and artifact id to
> something local, drop the Java source from main and add 1.3-SNAPSHOT as
> dependency. Then you should be able to run with this POM the tests of 1.2
> with code base of 1.3.

That test passes, though I don't think that's technically a test of binary
compatibility, since it's compiling the tests against 1.3.

So for my second test I did "mvn clean test" on the 1.2 source, then
deleted the "classes" directory and added 1.3 as a dependency, so the
previously compiled test classes would run against 1.3 binaries.  That
test passed, too.

I think we're good!

-Dan