commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Fabulich <...@fabulich.com>
Subject Re: [dbutils] Java5 branch landed to trunk; release tomorrow?
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 20:43:03 GMT
Julien Aymé wrote:

> I've submitted a patch for DBUTILS-54 and DBUTILS-57, which can be
> added to the release if someone (Dan? ;-) ) has the time to review
> them.
>
> I'll try to submit a patch for DBUTILS-50 later this evening, but I
> think this will require a little more time and thoughts.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBUTILS-54
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBUTILS-57
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBUTILS-50

I submitted your patch for DBUTILS-57, but I -1 the patch for DBUTIL-54...
it's just too much complexity for a "Minor" issue.

I think DBUTILS-50 will also be controversial (Liam had argued against it)
so at this point I'd like to move ahead with a release candidate for 1.3.
DBUTILS-54 and DBUTILS-50 can be handled in a later release, IMO.  (I'd
like to do the release this week; I've blocked out time during ApacheCon
to think about this.)

-Dan