commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Publishing sandbox project
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:42:10 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> On 11/25/2009 04:02 PM, Phil Steitz wrote:
>>
>> Looks like [runtime] has a Maven 1 build.
>
> It doesn't. Those are generated files.
> Build system will use ant with Runtime's own
> ant extensions for making custom .jar files
> containing both Java and Native components.
>

>> Let me know if you have problems, do not have Maven 1, etc. and I
>> can take care of it.
>>

> I'd appreciate if you could make the needed
> changes to maven so I can use maven 1.1 for
> further uploads.

Would you be OK with maven 2 to build the runtime site? We have
working ways to get commons sites generated and deployed using maven
1.0.4 and maven 2 (preferred), but IIRC there are problems with 1.1.

> The site root is inside runtime/trunk/xdocs
> I suppose the site.xml is needed as well?

That is needed for a maven 2 site.  You can copy the POM and overall
setup for maven 2 from, say nabla. Site inheritance will take care
of the commons menus, etc. for you that way.

I can set this up for you, but to maintain it you will need maven 2.

Phil