commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Publishing sandbox project
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:02:13 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to list the sandbox/runtime on the main commons page.
> What's needed for that (given that I have xdocs directory and
> index.xml in there)
>
> IMHO the project-template should include the skeleton
> index.xml and sample resources (if that's how it's done)
>
> If anyone can explain how to create and publish that, I'd
> be happy to update the project-template.

Looks like [runtime] has a Maven 1 build. The first thing to do is
to generate and deploy a site for [runtime]. Assuming you have Maven
1 set up and you can build the site using "maven site:generate",
then you should be able to deploy it using
maven -Dmaven.username=yourapacheid site:deploy

Alternatively, you could take this opportunity to convert the site
to Maven 2 by adding a POM.

Next, get it linked on the main commons site.  Here ye olde Maven 1
is still the only option (do I hear anyone volunteering to convert
to M2?)  The steps are

1) Check out commons/proper/commons-build/trunk
2) update parts/sandbox-table.ent
3) update menus/sandbox-items.ent
4) maven site:generate (look at the menus and sandbox components to
verify)
5) maven -Dmaven.username=yourapacheid site:deploy

Let me know if you have problems, do not have Maven 1, etc. and I
can take care of it.

Phil