commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] Noisy test output
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:19:50 GMT
> The JUnit tests produce a lot of output, even if the tests are successful.
>
>  Is there really any need to print stack traces in the following method?
>
>  TestSharedPoolDataSource.PoolTest.run()
>
>  I propose to comment them out.
>
>  Similarly, the test case TestManual.testLogWriter() generates a lot of output.
>  It's not clear to me what the test is trying to achieve.
>  Any ideas?

Does anyone know what TestAbandonedBasicDataSource.testAbandoned() is
trying to test? It seems to be similar to testAbandonedClose() except
that it does not close the connections.

As far as I can tell it achieves nothing at present, except to print
some  useless messages on System.err. I propose to remove the
printouts (and inline the resulting one-line private methods)

OK?