commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release BeanUtils 1.8.1 based on RC1
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 18:16:55 GMT
Hi Niall,

http://people.apache.org/~niallp/beanutils-1.8.1-rc1/site/changes-report.html

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/beanutils/tags/BEANUTILS_1_8_1_RC1/

http://people.apache.org/~niallp/beanutils-1.8.1-rc1/site/clirr-report.html

> RAT Report:

http://people.apache.org/~niallp/beanutils-1.8.1-rc1/site/rat-report.html

I'm building the package from the source tarball under Gentoo Linux x86 with
following combinations:

Maven 2.2.1/Sun JDK 1.7.0.0_alpha69: fine
Maven 2.2.1/Sun JDK 1.6.0.16: fine
Maven 2.2.1/Sun JDK 1.5.0.20: fine
Maven 2.1.0/Sun JDK 1.4.2.19: fine
Ant 1.6.5/Sun JDK 1.3.1.20: issues
Maven 2.2.1/IcedTea6 1.4.1: fine
Maven 2.1.0/Blackdown JDK 1.4.2.03: fine
Maven 2.2.1/IBM JDK 1.6.0.5: issues
Maven 1.1(*)/IBM JDK 1.5.0.10: issues
Maven 1.1(*)/IBM JDK 1.4.2.13: issues
Maven 2.2.1/JRockit JDK 1.5.0.16: fine
Maven 2.1.0/JRockit JDK 1.4.2.14: fine

*) Maven 2.x fails to run with IBM JDK 1.5 and 1.4.2

Issues with Sun JDK 1.3.1:
==========================

Source compilable, but a lot of tests fail.

Issues with IBM JDK 1.4.2 and 1.5:
==================================

1/ strange warnings on console for one test:
================ %< ====================
    [junit] Running
org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanPropertyValueChangeClosureTestCase
WARNING: Unable to execute Closure. Null value encountered in property
path...org.apache.commons.beanutils.NestedNullException: Null property
value for 'anotherNested.stringProperty' on bean class 'class
org.apache.commons.beanutils.TestBean'
    [junit] Tests run: 26, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.147 sec
    [junit] Running
org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanPropertyValueEqualsPredicateTestCase
WARNING: Problem during evaluation. Null value encountered in property
path...org.apache.commons.beanutils.NestedNullException: Null property
value for 'anotherNested.stringProperty' on bean class 'class
org.apache.commons.beanutils.TestBean'
    [junit] Tests run: 17, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.12 sec
    [junit] Running
org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanToPropertyValueTransformerTestCase
WARNING: Problem during transformation. Null value encountered in property
path...org.apache.commons.beanutils.NestedNullException: Null property
value for 'anotherNested.stringProperty' on bean class 'class
org.apache.commons.beanutils.TestBean'
    [junit] Tests run: 17, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.114 sec
================ %< ====================

2/ org.apache.commons.beanutils.bugs.Jira347TestCase: 1 Error
================ %< ====================
Testcase:
testMappedPropertyDescriptor_AnyArgsProperty(org.apache.commons.beanutils.bugs.Jira347TestCase):

Caused an ERROR
org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyTestBean
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyTestBean
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:496)
        at
java.net.FactoryURLClassLoader.loadClass(URLClassLoader.java:1065)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.bugs.Jira347TestCase.testMappedPropertyDescriptor_AnyArgsProperty(Jira347TestCase.java:55)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.ant.AntTag.doTag(AntTag.java:195)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:250)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:95)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.TagSupport.invokeBody(TagSupport.java:186)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.core.IfTag.doTag(IfTag.java:42)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:250)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:95)
        at
org.apache.maven.jelly.tags.werkz.MavenGoalTag.runBodyTag(MavenGoalTag.java:83)
        at
org.apache.maven.jelly.tags.werkz.MavenGoalTag$MavenGoalAction.performAction(MavenGoalTag.java:116)
        at org.apache.maven.werkz.Goal.fire(Goal.java:691)
        at org.apache.maven.werkz.Goal.attain(Goal.java:623)
        at org.apache.maven.werkz.Goal.attainPrecursors(Goal.java:526)
        at org.apache.maven.werkz.Goal.attain(Goal.java:621)
        at org.apache.maven.werkz.Goal.attainPrecursors(Goal.java:526)
        at org.apache.maven.werkz.Goal.attain(Goal.java:621)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.attainGoals(PluginManager.java:712)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.attainGoals(MavenSession.java:265)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:307)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:217)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)
================ %< ====================

Issues with IBM JDK 1.6:
========================

1/ org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase
================ %< ====================
Tests run: 8, Failures: 3, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 16.575 sec
<<< FAILURE!
testPropertyUtilsBean_descriptorsCache_memoryLeak(org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase)

Time elapsed: 2.032 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: PropertyUtilsBean is holding a
reference to the classLoader
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertNull(Assert.java:233)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase.testPropertyUtilsBean_descriptorsCache_memoryLeak(MemoryLeakTestCase.java:93)

testPropertyUtilsBean_mappedDescriptorsCache_memoryLeak(org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase)

Time elapsed: 1.711 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: PropertyUtilsBean is holding a
reference to the classLoader
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertNull(Assert.java:233)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase.testPropertyUtilsBean_mappedDescriptorsCache_memoryLeak(MemoryLeakTestCase.java:148)

testWrapDynaClass_dynaClasses_memoryLeak(org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase)

Time elapsed: 1.991 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: WrapDynaClass is holding a reference
to the classLoader
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertNull(Assert.java:233)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase.testWrapDynaClass_dynaClasses_memoryLeak(MemoryLeakTestCase.java:342)

Minor nits:
xdocs/changes.xml: BEANUTILS-354 is reported twice

Cheers,
Jörg