commons-dev mailing list archives

From Piotr Repetowski <piotr.repetow...@gmail.com>
Subject [cli2] RegexpValidator
Date Sun, 25 Oct 2009 14:55:09 GMT
Hi,

my name is Peter (Piotr in Polish) and I used to use CLI in my project.
Now I am a PHP developer and I want to refresh my Java knowledge and
gain some new experience.

I checked out source code and look into it. What do you think about
adding new validator RegexpValidator? New class can check that given
value has a valid format. I wrote the class but I am not sure what give
user after validation. My first thought was java.regexp.Mapper but I
could not write the test. In the test method I compared expected mapper
with value returned by the validator (also mapper) but the test failed.
I think the problem is in equals method. Now I am looking for something
better than Mapper. Do you have any ideas?

Best regards,
Piotr Repetowski