commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [CONFIGURATION] Which CombinedConfiguration
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2009 15:23:27 GMT
Ralph Goers schrieb:

> On Oct 7, 2009, at 10:54 PM, Oliver Heger wrote:
>
>> ralph.goers @dslextreme.com schrieb:
>>> I'm trying to port my changes to fix CONFIGURATION-390 from my trunk
>>> sandbox
>>> to configuration2-experimental. But there are two CombinedConfiguration
>>> classes, one in the main directory and one under combined. Which one
>>> should
>>> be removed and which needs the fix?
>>> Ralph
>> The one under combined should be the final one. Sorry for the confusion.
>>

> This is a big problem for me. I tried switching
> DefaultConfigurationBuilder to the combined/CombinedConfiguration and
> got all kinds of errors in TestDefaultConfigurationBuilder (also
> switching that to use combined). I've spent days trying to figure out
> how to merge the CONFIGURATION-390 changes to the branch without much luck.

Obviously the branch is a pretty mess with work started and not
finished. I think DefaultConfigurationBuilder still uses the old classes
because not all of its dependencies have been ported to use the
AbstractHierarchicalConfiguration base class.

Meanwhile I work on some new ideas in the base package which are yet a
different approach.

No idea how we can clean up things. Maybe I should do my new experiments
in a new branch?

For the reloading problem I wonder whether it makes sense at all to
apply these changes to the branch. IMHO we should redesign the reloading
operations completely for configuration2.

Oliver