commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henrib <hbies...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JEXL] Next steps towards release?
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 09:39:20 GMT

Rahul Akolkar wrote:

> Right, its non-trivial (and sometimes multiple votes are needed and
> that requires a lot of patience) but its not all that daunting either.
>
> When I was getting started, I found it best to observe the process
> when someone else more experienced was RM'ing. ATM, the ongoing
> BeanUtils release provides such an opportunity.
>
> I'd say if you are thinking about RM'ing, its time to do it ;-) I'll
> try my best to answer any questions you may have.
>
> -Rahul

I'm not thinking about RM'ing per se, I just would like 2.0 released. :-)
But it also seems I'm probably one of the very few interested in it...
Besides, I'm still a "newbie" as a committer and my mistake/commit ratio is
probably a bit high for this responsibility.
Anyway, as is, the trunk looks good - at least by Maven's Checkstyle &
Cobertura reports -, the Javadoc seems to be 95% acceptable but I don't know
how to produce a decent 'changes report' (and I'm even less capable of
defining what an acceptable Clirr/JDiff output should be and have yet to
grasp whether a new branch should be cut or not, etc...).
Just tell me what I should do, what the next action should be and I'll try
to follow instructions.