commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <>
Subject [Commons Wiki] Update of "MathWishList" by BrentWorden
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:25:12 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "MathWishList" page has been changed by BrentWorden.

     * Examples, please?  This item goes to the heart of what I consider an ongoing lack of
consensus about what Commons-Math is supposed to be for.  Should it include discipline-specific
algorithms that do not overlap core numerical mathematical areas?  Maybe, but we should discuss
it. -- AlChou
   * Numerical Enhancements
       * [[|Post-SOC TODO List]] - Xiaogang Zhang
-  * Replace some of the discrete pmf and pdf methods with methods based on Catherine Loader's
alogorithms [[]].
 These algorithms address some of the problems we experienced with large parameter values
and have been adopted by many software packages including R. (done for binomial distribution
[[]] )
   * Implement monte carlo simulation [[]]
   * [[PrimeNumbers|Prime Numbers Functionality]] -- SharonLourduraj
        * Naive Primality Testing

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message