commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Commons Wiki] Update of "MathWishList" by NipunJawalkar
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 21:20:31 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "MathWishList" page has been changed by NipunJawalkar.
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/MathWishList?action=diff&rev1=56&rev2=57

     * Examples, please?  This item goes to the heart of what I consider an ongoing lack of
consensus about what Commons-Math is supposed to be for.  Should it include discipline-specific
algorithms that do not overlap core numerical mathematical areas?  Maybe, but we should discuss
it. -- AlChou
   * Numerical Enhancements
       * [[http://zxg32.blogchina.com/2787280.html|Post-SOC TODO List]] - Xiaogang Zhang
-  * Replace some of the discrete pmf and pdf methods with methods based on Catherine Loader's
alogorithms [[http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/raw-attachment/ticket/620/loader2000Fast.pdf]].
 These algorithms address some of the problems we experienced with large parameter values
and have been adopted by many software packages including R.
+  * Replace some of the discrete pmf and pdf methods with methods based on Catherine Loader's
alogorithms [[http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/raw-attachment/ticket/620/loader2000Fast.pdf]].
 These algorithms address some of the problems we experienced with large parameter values
and have been adopted by many software packages including R. (done for binomial distribution
[[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-311]] )
   * Implement monte carlo simulation [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Carlo_method]]
   * [[PrimeNumbers|Prime Numbers Functionality]] -- SharonLourduraj
        * Naive Primality Testing