commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r817291 - /commons/sandbox/runtime/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/runtime/util/Utils.java
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:51:47 GMT

On Sep 21, 2009, at 11:34 AM, mturk@apache.org wrote:

> +    private static final String [] try_envs = {
> +        "TMP",
> +        "TEMP",
> +        "TMPDIR",
> +        "TEMPDIR"
> +    };

Not sure about that ordering, unless we want to favor Windows.
For Unix the canonical envvar is TMPDIR, so it should likely be
checked 1st (and this the 1st element), and then go down the others...

Of course, we could even get more sophisticated and have 2; one for
Windows and another for non-Windows, so the ordering makes more sense
depending on the platform ;)

OK if I fold something like that in?