commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [COLLECTIONS] Advice on API Changes?
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 07:42:46 GMT
Hi all,

as expected, Gump found a few projects that have been broken by the
recent merge in Collections - that's what it's there fore anyway.

The first ones I have found (there will be more, I'm sure are):

Torque: uses FastArrayList and OrderedMap#orderedMapIterator()
Jelly: uses BeanMap
commons-graph (dormant I know): uses BinaryHeap and PriorityQueue
XDoclet (probably not alive either): uses MultiHashMap
invicta: uses SequencedHashMap

Is there any clear migration path for either of them that would allow
them to use Commons Collection 3.2.1 and the current trunk at the same
time or is it a "decide which one you want to use"?

Stefan