commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [collections] merging collections
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2009 07:08:57 GMT
On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:26 AM, Rahul Akolkar<rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:

 ;)

>>> That's cleaned up. Definite drop in the number of clashes. A lot of
>>> deletes to understand too.
>>>
>>> Current status:
>>>
>>> 65 deletes.
>>> 342 adds/modifies.
>>> 85 clashes.
>>>
>> <snip/>
>>
>> Kudos for taking this on. By the by, WRT r814123, r814126 and hair
>> splitting :-), the correct placement of the URL in the license header
>> is 4 spaces to the right of the rest of the header text's indent.
>
> Yeah... more interested in getting them the same than correct :)
>
> Getting closer, down to 30 clashes. The ones that require more thinking sadly.

Down to 2 ugly clashes. The ones that require lots of fun thinking; or
possibly just doing it all by hand. Both seem to have come out of the
merge looking very much like a Picasso:

C      src/java/org/apache/commons/collections/BagUtils.java
C      src/java/org/apache/commons/collections/CollectionUtils.java

General strategy is that any code added since the branching to the
generics branch is getting a "// TODO: Generics" flag on it. 12 of
them so far, so not a lot to do post merge.

Hopeful that I can resolve the two above over the next couple of nights.

Hen