commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MATH] are spaces supposed to be allowed in numbers?
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 11:57:19 GMT
On 04/09/2009, Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:
> Luc Maisonobe a écrit :
>
> > sebb a écrit :
>  >> The ComplexFormat parse method allows spaces in Complex numbers, for
>  >> example the following test case works fine:
>  >>
>  >>     public void testParseSimpleNoDecimals2() {
>  >>         String source = "1 1 2 + 1i";
>  >>         Complex expected = new Complex(112, 1);
>  >>         try {
>  >>             Complex actual = (Complex)complexFormat.parseObject(source);
>  >>             assertEquals(expected, actual);
>  >>         } catch (ParseException ex) {
>  >>             fail(ex.getMessage());
>  >>         }
>  >>     }
>  >>
>  >> Is this intentional?
>  >
>  > I don't think so.
>

> I have looked at this issue but was not able te reproduce it with
>  current subversion trunk. I get a java.test.ParseException. If I remove
>  the spaces so the input string becomes "112 + 1i" then the test succeeds.
>
>  This was on Linux with open-jdk 6.

Sorry, my bad. I had been testing with Harmony which showed the
problem, and tried retesting with what I thought was Java 1.5.

I was using Eclipse and ran the test from the Outline pane, and it
picked up the existing Harmony run configuration instead of using the
default Java 1.5 setting for the project.

Rather confusing; hope I'll remember next time...