commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a question regarding maxactive
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 14:46:22 GMT
On 01/09/2009, Chen Bangzhong <bangzhong@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, experts
>
>  I have one java web application. In the application, several datasource was configured
for dbcp. For each datasource, maxActive was set to 100 and max Idle set to 30.

This is a question for the Commons User list.

See: http://commons.apache.org/mail-lists.html

Please post there and prefix the subject line with: [DBCP]

>  Then I used several crawlers to make the web application very busy, until the application
reported that it can't get an idle connection to the database server.

>  But strangely enough, I found the connections to database servers was only about 100
using the nestat -an command.

>  so my question is : is the maxActive shared by the whole applications ? In my opinion,
the max connection should be the number of datasource times maxActive.  For example, 4 datasources,
the connections should be 400, not 100.