commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Commons Wiki] Update of "MathWishList" by PhilSteitz
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 14:44:47 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by PhilSteitz:
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/MathWishList

The comment on the change is:
Automatic estimation of error var-cov matrix in GLSMultipleLinearRegression

   * StandardDeviation has versions of .evaluate which take a precalculated mean. It would
be nice if the same sort of thing could be had for all the other measures (e.g. skewness &
kurtosis should be able to take both precalculated means and standard deviations) -- NickGuenther
   * A 'between' function for checking number ranges.  I've searched and could not find one,
but if this functionality already exists, please contact me -- AlexMarshall
   * Generalized Matrix Inversion, as I describe on http://mjollnir.com/matrix/ -- Rand Huso
+  * Estimation of Omega in GLSMultipleLinearRegression using, for example Feasible Generalized
Least Squares [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feasible_generalized_least_squares]