commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [io] Towards the 2.0 release
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 08:47:07 GMT
Hi Jukka,

Jukka Zitting wrote at Montag, 17. August 2009 23:55:

> Hi,
>
> There's quite a lot of good new stuff in the Commons IO trunk and I'd
> like to start slowly (timescale: months) pushing towards the 2.0
> release. Please make sure that any issues you want to see resolved
> before the release are tagged for 2.0 in Jira.

The only concern I have are the new Broken(In/Out)putStream implementations.
IMHO those are somewhat out-of-scope for IO, you explicitly mention that
these implementations are for testing purposes. I'd rather see commons-test
reactivated than putting such code into a component that is normally used
in production code.

> Note that I removed the 1.5 release tag from Jira in favor of 2.0 as I
> don't believe there is much more interest in another 1.x release.

+1

- Jörg