commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject [ALL] Bulk closing issues on release [was: Release math 2.0 (take two)]
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 15:31:13 GMT
On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 5:09 AM, <luc.maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:

> ----- "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@gmx.de> a écrit :
>
>> Hi Phil,
>>
>> why are there still 20 issues in JIRA marked as resolved instead of
>> closed
>> now?
>
> I forgot to close them, sorry.
> I'll do it in a few minutes.

<snip/>

FWIW, for the past couple of releases I've RM'ed, I've started using
the bulk edits feature in JIRA to transition resolved issues to closed
after a release. This reduces the list traffic for something that IMO
doesn't need a lot of oversight (I guess one could always post to the
list saying "I've closed X number of issues resolved in Commons Foo
release Y.Z" (and that'd be one email instead of X). Just a suggestion
:-)

-Rahul