commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JEXL] Handling of deprecated items in 2.0
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 20:51:01 GMT
On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 11:57 AM, sebb<sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are some classes and methods which are now deprecated in 2.0.
>
> However, the deprecated items are still used by much of the test code.
>
> Seems to me that the test cases ought not to use deprecated classes
> and methods unless the test is actually for testing the item.
>
> Any views on this?

<snip/>

Sure makes sense to remove usage in tests. One step further, given
that a major release is one of the few occassions we can actually do
this, we can look at removing some deprecated methods and classes
altogether if it helps clean things up and gets us a cleaner,
unambiguous API as a result.

-Rahul