commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rod Hilton <hilto...@regis.edu>
Subject Student asking for your help in open source survey
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:00:32 GMT
Hello,

I'll make this short and sweet.

1) I'm a graduate student.
2) I'm doing research on development practices in the open source
community.
3) I would like to use some Apache Commons projects as part of my
research.

I'd be eternally grateful if everyone who has ever contributed code to
these projects could fill out my survey.  It's three questions long,
and you can do the whole thing with just the mouse.

If you fill it out, please specify the name of the component (so
'commons collections' rather than 'commons'). I know this is
obnoxious, but I don't have any other options, sorry.

I'm looking specifically for results on Collections, Primitives, CLI,
Codec, IO, and Math, but I'd be happy to have survey results from any
projects in commons.

Please take a few seconds and help me complete my research, I'd really
appreciate it.

The survey is here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=cHU2aHo5bS14cE04c2gzWGlhaUpQSHc6MA
..

Thank you,
Rod Hilton

P.S. If you are involved with multiple open source projects and seeing
this message on other mailing lists, first let me apologize for being
so annoying, but second let me ask you to please fill out the survey
again, once for each project.  Thanks!