commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Codec 1.4 based on RC2
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 05:49:37 GMT
sebb wrote at Montag, 27. Juli 2009 23:14:

[sinp]

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/releases/maven-bundle-plugin-2.0.0/src/main/java/org/apache/felix/bundleplugin/ManifestPlugin.java

>>  So it looks like either you would have to do something similar or just
>>  use Bnd to create the jar
>
> I was beginning to wonder if that would be necessary ... seems to me
> that this will be quite a lot of work for no direct gain to Commons.
>
> Let's wait for a patch ;-)

Maybe we should start asking the other way round: Why do *we* want to
maintain an additional Ant build file? We build our artifacts with Maven,
vote on them and distribute exactly those in the end. I'd never expect to
get the exactly same jar using a different build system. If somebody want
an Ant build he can use the maven-ant-plugin
(http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ant-plugin/) to create the
build.xml.

WDYT?

- Jörg