commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jexl] svn commit: r799042
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 22:50:01 GMT
On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 6:42 PM, sebb<sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/07/2009, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 6:26 PM, sebb<sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  > On 29/07/2009, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  >> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 4:02 PM, <sebb@apache.org> wrote:
>>  >>  > Author: sebb
>>  >>  > Date: Wed Jul 29 20:02:42 2009
>>  >>  > New Revision: 799042
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  > URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=799042&view=rev
>>  >>  > Log:
>>  >>  > Add services file for autodiscovery of Jexl script factory
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  > Added:
>>  >>  >    commons/proper/jexl/branches/2.0/src/java/META-INF/
>>  >>  <snip/>
>>  >>
>>  >>  Have you tried building the jar? Is the result as desired?
>>  >
>>  > Yes.
>>  >
>>  > I had to add an Ant task to copy the file
>>  >
>>
>> <snip/>
>>
>>  Right, moving to standard will leave the pom much cleaner.
>
> I tried removing the Ant copy task, but then the build does not copy
> the services file across. Not sure ehat's wrong.

<snip/>

I have to step out in a minute or two (I can try later), but what I'd
try is to make the complete transition to the standard directory
layout:

1) Move sources to src/main/java

2) Move tests to src/test/java

3) Remove following from pom:
    <sourceDirectory>src/java</sourceDirectory>
    <testSourceDirectory>src/test</testSourceDirectory>

4) Change any bits in the pom that refer to old paths in 1 and 2

5) Build

-Rahul