commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <>
Subject Re: [JEXL] Unified syntax and 2.0 release (was: Is JEXL ...)
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 21:29:48 GMT
On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Henrib<> wrote:
> Rahul Akolkar wrote:
>> Also, since the 2.0 branch has moved to JDK 1.5, might make sense to
>> look at the hundreds of raw types usage and other warnings etc (if
>> someone has cycles to allocate, that is).
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean; my apologies if I'm missing the
> obvious.
> Should we be searching for non-generic collection usage or ...?
> I dont see "warnings" at compilation time; is there some tool / target in
> the pom that generates these?

I just pulled it up in Eclipse, so the right compiler and setting will
get you those warnings. Mostly to do with type safety improvements on
Collections classes. So, for example, 1 (of 337) is:

AbstractList is a raw type. References to generic type AbstractList<E>
should be parameterized	jexl2/src/java/org/apache/commons/jexl/util

line 28

Most, if not all of these, can be corrected. Ofcourse, we'll ignore
any generated classes.

> Which brings me to the another question (initiated byJEXL-20); is there a
> checkstyle goal for instance that I should know about ?
> Thanks.

Build the site (mvn site) and look for the checkstyle report. Here is
what we have online:

Before release, we will need to do as much static analysis as possible
(checkstyle, PMD, Findbugs etc. -- most are m2 plugins that can
produce site reports) in addition to test coverage (Cobertura and co.)
and compatibility (Clirr and friends). Last one doesn't apply to new
code ofcourse.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message