commons-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Commons Time?
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 15:59:35 GMT
Hi Henri,

On Jul 7, 2009, at 12:16 AM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> Until the new time stuff is in Java - I'm hesistant to have it in
> Lang. Yet I also don't want to do anymore work on Date based code in
> Lang :)

It might be years before there's an update to Java SE (Sun/Oracle's
intentions regarding a new JSR in which 310 would go aren't at all
clear).

If stuff in Lang is supposed to be in sync with Java SE, maybe not
good to put Time in there.

But I don't see any issues with a new Commons Time sub-project. I'd
hope that Commons Time would move faster than Java SE anyway...

Craig