commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] Use of SVN variable $Date$ - do we need it?
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:19:35 GMT
sebb wrote:
> The SVN variable $Date shows the date of last update. Unfortunately
> this is expressed in local time, which makes comparing tags with
> source archives a bit tedious.
>
> Do we really need this variable?

I like having this info in the file, since it saves a step looking at
the repo to tell when the file was last modified. Like Emmanuel,  when I
look at it I am always just looking for the date, so it makes no
difference to me that it is expressed in local time.
> I would have thought that $Revision was enough to identify the file.
>
> Similarly, $HeadURL may vary:   http[s]://svn[.eu].apache.org/

I don't see the value of this one.

Phil