commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [math] Releasing 2.0
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2009 15:19:18 GMT
Phil Steitz a écrit :

>>> How about we use the changes plugin to generate a text file and then
>>> edit and commit as RELEASE-NOTES.txt.
>>>

>> I will try to do it tomorrow
>>

> I added a velocity template and directed the changes plugin to use it.
> mvn changes:announcement-generate
> mv target/announcement/math-release-notes.vm RELEASE-NOTES.txt

The changes plugin does not find the template. As per
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/examples/using-a-custom-announcement-template.html
the templateDirectory should be a subdirectory of
${basedir}/src/main/resources/. I can change this location, of course,
but it raises two issues to me:
 - should we change the complete layout to follow the maven way and also
   change src/java into src/main/java src/test into src/test/java and so
   on ?
 - why does this location don't work since it seems to be the same for
   [pool] ?

Another problem is that if I move the file into a subdirectory of
main/resources, I get this parse error in the template:

[INFO] [changes:announcement-generate]
[INFO] Creating announcement file from
/home/luc/sources/apache/commons-math/src/site/xdoc/changes.xml...
[ERROR] Left side ($release.getActions().size()) of '==' operation has
null value. If a reference, it may not be in the context. Operation not
possible. templates/math-release-notes.vm [line 23, column 37]
[INFO] Created template
/home/luc/sources/apache/commons-math/target/announcement/math-release-notes.vm

The templace has been properly created despite this error, though.

Luc