commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Releasing 2.0
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2009 14:21:18 GMT

>> How about we use the changes plugin to generate a text file and then
>> edit and commit as RELEASE-NOTES.txt.
>>

> I will try to do it tomorrow

I added a velocity template and directed the changes plugin to use it.

mvn changes:announcement-generate
mv target/announcement/math-release-notes.vm RELEASE-NOTES.txt

will now generate a not beautiful, but decent start for the release
notes.  Feel free to toss this, hack the template or  do the whole thing
from scratch if that is easier.  The template itself is in src/templates
and can be edited, but it is probably best to just leave it more or less
generic and edit the output file.

Most (all?) of the API changes are documented in the changelog, so we
may not need to list them exhaustively in a summary of changes.  We
should add a clirr report and cross-check in any case.

Phil