commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [math] Releasing 2.0
Date Sat, 18 Jul 2009 16:05:27 GMT
Phil Steitz a écrit :
> Looks like we are - at last - ready to cut 2.0.   All that remains is
>
> 1)  resolve MATH-260 and MATH-261 (which I am +1 as marking fixed, based
> on Luc's last changes)

+1

> 2)  push remaining unscheduled issues to 2.1

Concerning MATH-268 I would consider closing it with won't fix and
reopening it later if the user still wants it. This is a difficult and
non-standard feature.

> 3)  generate clirr report
> 4)  enhance the maven-changes-report to create proper release notes

5) fix the last few bits in Adams-Bashforth and Adams-Moulton that still
don't work ... Sorry for that but I'm still unhappy with the accuracy of
these two integrators. I'm working on it. If somebody want to have a
look at the implementation, please do. Be aware it is quite difficult. I
have put in the class javadoc as much as I could to explain the
underlying theory because I only found sparse documentation on the web
and had to redevelop some equations myself.

> I will do the RM-ing if no one else wants to but would appreciate help
> in writing a summary of API changes to add to the release notes.

I can help on that. I'll first try once again to understand the problem
with the integrator and if it takes too long I'll give up for a while
and will put a notice for users that these are experimental
implementations. Then I'll write a summary on the various API changes I
know about (mainly ODE, optimization, root solvers and linear algebra).

Luc