commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henrib <hbies...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JEXL] Unified syntax and 2.0 release (was: Is JEXL ...)
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 19:16:44 GMT

Rahul Akolkar wrote:

> Build the site (mvn site) and look for the checkstyle report.

Thanks for pointing the 'mvn site' & al.

It seems the rules for checkstyle predate Java5 code and the maven plugin is
not yet able to deal correctly with generics (ie <module
name="GenericWhitespace"/> ) as I found here
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCHECKSTYLE-105.
Furthermore, I suppose that the maven version we are supposed to use is not
2.2 (which drops java 1.4 support) which will probably be required for the
"checkstyle 5.0" plugin.

Anyway, the problem is that each corrected "raw type usage" introduces more
errors on "checkstyle"...
Any suggested course of action or preference?