commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r788761 - /commons/proper/email/tags/EMAIL_1_2/
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:22:22 GMT
What do you mean by "cutting a release"? If this means building the
distribution files, then your points 3.) and 4.) are a contradiction.

Jochen

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Mark Struberg<struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:

> I personally don't get all the discussion here, because this very question has imho been
discussed a lot in the past (on commons and maven lists).

> From what I know the widely agreed output of this discussion has been:
>
> 1.) do n PRJ-x-RC-n before cutting a release and vote on them as if they were final.
>
> 2.) If the vote fails, create a PRJ-x-RC-(n+1) and redo the vote.
>
> 3.) once the vote has passed, take the last PRJ-x-RC-n tag and based on this cut a release
PRJ-x.

> 4.) If and only if there is a show stopper with PRJ-x we have to delete the tag in the
SVN. But this situation should really not appear in praxis since the PRJ-x-RC-n has been reviewed
already!
> And btw, the ONLY binding delivery of ASF is the signed source.tar.gz and not the SVN
tag. So deleting a tag in SVN (although highly undesirable) imho isn't strictly forbidden.