commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <>
Subject Re: [all] download links on main page
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 16:35:53 GMT
On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Phil Steitz<> wrote:
> sebb wrote:
>> On 19/06/2009, Phil Steitz <> wrote:
>>> The commons-build plugin generates a component-specific download page
>>>  / cgi that ends up in the component's web.  We still have links on the
>>>  main download page to a common location for all of these.  How are do
>>>  we keep these up to date?  Do we need to maintain two copies of the
>>>  download page and regen the main site after each release, or is there
>>>  an automated way that I don't know about to get the updates to happen?
>>>  I need to fix this now for [pool].
>> AFAICT, most components still use downloads/  apart from
>> compress
>> digester
>> exec
>> pool
>> scxml
>> Sorry, I don't know how the common entries are maintained.
> Thanks.  I know one way to do it, which is to check in what amounts to a
> copy of the page that the commons-build plugin generates and then regenerate
> the main commons site using maven 1.0.2.  If I don't get any better
> suggestions, I will get a 1.0.2 setup working again and do that.

0. svn co the commons-build in proper
1. Edit downloads page [A], ci at some point
2. ant -f build-downloads.xml will get you the correct xdoc
3. maven site
4. maven -Dmaven.username=psteitz site:sshdeploy (or some such to your taste)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message