commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] Maven2 group ids
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:11:07 GMT
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 3:03 PM, sebb<sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Which is the correct style for Maven2 releases?
>
> <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
> <artifactId>commons-component</artifactId>
>
> or
>
> <groupId>commons-component</groupId>
> <artifactId>commons-component</artifactId>

<snip/>

Depends.

We started off with "commons-component". No one has taken on
relocating old components -- there is a chance it may cause confusion
for users, perhaps other glitches. See list archives for prior
conversations.

New components with no such baggage can adopt the o.a.c groupId (which
is now advisable).

> There are recent examples of both.

<snap/>

See above, hence both.

> Also, I've noticed that some pom.xml files (e.g. compress, proxy)
> don't include a <groupId> for the current component; presumably that
> is an oversight?

<snip/>

They're getting it from the parent.

-Rahul