commons-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: svn commit: r788761 - /commons/proper/email/tags/EMAIL_1_2/
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 19:36:56 GMT
Hi folks,

some thoughts along the line ...

+) I would like to use the M2 release plugin
+) I don't mind copying the release tag to a "RCX SVN" tag if the vote fails
+) the <commons.rc.version> is work-around to distinguish multiple RCs
+) I know that the release process is not perfect but "perfect is the
enemy of good"

And my personal point of view - either we settle for one (documented and
accepted) approach or you should positively accept that not all things
are perfect. At the end of the day I want to get a release out of the
door and not let my RC getting killed by endless discussion (btw - the
last time it was the version numbering schema for commons-exec)

Thanks in advance,

Siegfried Goeschl

Mark Struberg wrote:
> I assume 'cutting a release' as doing a mvn release:stage or something similar. The release
artifacts will only be pushed to the public repos and download areas etc. after the vote has
finally passed.

> The way this works basically moves all the effort to the last RC-n voting step. It is
utterly important that all reviewers treat each RC-n vote as if it would be a release vote,
because it actually IS a real release vote!

> Checking out the last RC-n and tagging it with a final release tag is only for marking
it as 'this is the final release version'. Since all the reviews should have been done, it
is very unlikely that this gets cancelled.