commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <>
Subject Re: [configuration] Artifact name
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 21:50:48 GMT
Jörg Schaible a écrit :

> The artifactId *is* the base name of the jar file. If you configure a final
> name, this has only an effect on the name of the jar in your target
> directory, but not in any repository (local or remote). Therefore it does
> not make sense to redefine it for a standard project building a jar.

Thank you, I wasn't sure about that.

Then the only solution to avoid the confusion on the version is to
change the groupId from commons-configuration to org.apache.commons and
keep commons-configuration as artifactId. But I believe that wasn't
accepted the last time we discussed it.

Emmanuel Bourg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: