commons-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-email-1.2 based on RC2
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:39:17 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

see my comments below ...

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> A few comments:
>
> - 1.0-rc6-SNAPSHOT is still mentioned as "in svn" in the change notes.
> I guess the changes for the two 1.0-rc could be merged into the
> changes for 1.0
I guess that would be bending old release notes I have not written so
I'm not eager to do that ...

> - Commons Logging is listed in the test dependencies, but it's not used

commons-logging-1.1 is a transitive dependency of SubEtha SMTP Wiser and
overwritten with 1.1.1 -  but the test also work with
commons-logging-1.1 so the dependency is not needed

> - the clirr report is generated against Commons Email 1.0, not 1.1
This was intentional since I would need two reports - so is it better to
compare the APIs against the first major release or the last minor release?

> - the release notes state "Commons Email requires JavaMail 1.4 or
> later. The *proprietary* Sun implementation is available at", but
> JavaMail is open source since march. The whole section could probably
> be reworded.
Yep, that's right - need to update the release notes