commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gulcu <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: [Configuration] experimental branch uses java.util.logging?
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 09:32:51 GMT

Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Ceki Gulcu a écrit :
> Other people than me are already using Paul's bridge or
> SLF4JBridgeHandler which use the same principle. Did they complain about
> performance issues?

As far as I know, SLF4JBridgeHandler is used to bridge a small number
of logging events generated by jul into SLF4J. In contrast, your
proposal has most logging generated by jul in which case the quantity
of logging events to be bridged would be much higher and thus
impractical. In a nutshell, I think that your approach makes sense
only if the underlying logging framework chosen by the end user
happens to be jul, as in that case bridging would be unnecessary.

--
Ceki Gülcü
http://logback.qos.ch