commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Configuration] experimental branch uses java.util.logging?
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 07:55:27 GMT
Ceki Gulcu a écrit :

> Are you sure that commons logging and SLF4J do not make sense in the
> post-Java 1.4 world if you have not tested the alternative you are
> proposing?

The SLF4J API is certainly nicer than JUL, the logging methods are more
convenient and I wish JUL will be updated some day. But for a small
component like Commons Configuration it's not a compelling reason to
adopt it.

Other people than me are already using Paul's bridge or
SLF4JBridgeHandler which use the same principle. Did they complain about
performance issues?

>> SLF4JBridgeHandler seems to do the job. A kind of plugin to enable it
>> from the logback configuration would be nice.
>
> Duly noted.

Thank you,

Emmanuel Bourg