commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Configuration] Dependencies (was: experimental branch uses java.util.logging?)
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:00:11 GMT
Ralph Goers a écrit :

> As for dependencies, removing them for the sake of removing them isn't
> necessarily the right thing to do. For example, I noticed attempts to
> move away from Commons BeanUtils. For the life of me I can't understand
> why anyone would want to do that, especially when the code that replaced
> it was less functional.

Which one ?

Most people come to Commons Configuration for an improved
java.util.Properties. We can't reasonably impose a lot of dependencies
for such a basic need. Some users complained about the size of the
library and its dependencies in the past.

There is another dependency I'd like to remove, it's JXPath. We should
be able to replace it with the javax.xml.xpath API introduced in Java 5.

Emmanuel Bourg