commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [all] Source jars for released components
Date Sun, 14 Jun 2009 13:23:46 GMT
Phil Steitz a écrit :
> Rahul Akolkar wrote:
>> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> POOL-141 is asking for source jars for old versions of [pool] to be
>>> pushed
>>> to maven central.  I think we talked about this before in relation to
>>> another component, but I can't find the thread and can't recall the
>>> resolution.
>>>
>>> Have we done this before?  If so, did we use the source distro or the
>>> tag to
>>> build the jar and how exactly did we do it (left to my own devices I
>>> would
>>> add an m2 pom to the sources and just use the source plugin)?  Do we
>>> need to
>>> VOTE?
>>>

>> <snip/>
>>
>> Can't find the thread either (haven't looked too hard) but ISTR the
>> upload without a vote, presumably from the source distro.
>>
> I created source jars for pool 1.1-1.4 from the release source
> distributions by adding m2 poms and using the source plugin.  Anyone
> have any objections to my pushing them to the rsynch m2 repo?
>
> The signed source jars are here:
> http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/pool-source-jars/
>
> I would appreciate it if someone could validate the sigs and inspect the
> jars.  Thanks!

I checked the gpg signature, MD5 sums and SHA1 sums for the four jars
(1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4). They were good.

For the jars content, I manually checked out the corresponding versions
from subversion with svn co
https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/pool/tags/POOL_1_[1,
2, 3, 4]. And then compared the files in the jars with the files from
subversion. The only differences were cvs/svn keywords expansions in the
files headers and eol markers (I checked on a Linux box). The jars files
contained only the files from the src/java part in the subversion
repository and some additional files in the META-INF directory. This
looks good as long as we don't expect these files to contain also the
build scripts.

Luc