commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r781166 - /commons/proper/pool/trunk/src/java/org/apache/commons/pool/impl/GenericKeyedObjectPool.java
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 06:39:01 GMT
sebb wrote:
> On 02/06/2009, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
>> markt@apache.org wrote:
>>  > Author: markt
>>  > Date: Tue Jun  2 21:01:34 2009
>>  > New Revision: 781166
>>  >
>>  > Log:
>>  > Anything that clears the pool is likely to mess up the eviction cursors. This
fixes the issue sebb reported with testEvictorVisiting() on the dev list.

>> Hmm. The cursors really should handle this. May be a cursor bug?
>
> The GKOP _poolMap and _poolList fields are not tied together, so it is
> possible for them to get out of step. Maybe they should be wrapped up
> in a separate class that ensures they are kept in step.

Maybe. Unless you can see somewhere this is an issue, I'm inclined to
leave this alone until we figure out the root cause of this bug. I don't
think, at the moment, it is worth the risk of introducing another subtle
bug/bugs.

Mark