commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <>
Subject Re: [Configuration] experimental branch uses java.util.logging?
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 20:48:09 GMT
Ralph Goers a écrit :

>  From what I can gather from this conversation:
> a) This is important to only a small group of us.
> b) No one is against having CC switch back to Commons Logging.
> c) Some are very much against using a facade other than Commons Logging,
> for whatever reason.

I did the change to java.util.logging to reduce the dependencies, and
because JUL can also be used as a facade as demonstrated by Paul Smith
with the log4j bridge:

Logging is not critical to Commons Configuration (unlike an application
server for example), there is no need for a sophisticated framework. As
a library it shouldn't impose a dependency if it can be avoided.

Emmanuel Bourg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message